Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Stretched but Strengthened

Sometimes God asks you to step out of your comfort Zone and sometimes he keeps asking you to step. On Monday night I took a huge step that really stretched me but how I was so blessed by strangers. A friend had offered to do a 5K run and another had offered to do a carnival. On Monday I went to a board meeting to propose doing the events at the town’s park. Now let me just review something. I am not good with words and God has already been stretching me with this blog. It is not my favorite thing to get up and talk in front of people but if God tells me to I will. Usually I have something written and can read it. Well Monday I had no idea what I was doing or what I would be saying and I was extremely nervous. This was way out of my comfort zone. My dear sweet daughter offered to come along for support. The meeting was very informative. I learned we need to be under some non-profit organization and have liability insurance with them to be able to do the event. After contacting an organization today we don’t have that so the event is on hold until the Lord shows us if there is a way to do it. This has been very discouraging as this was our only big fundraiser in the works. If you could please pray for wisdom I would greatly appreciate it.  I was greatly stretched that night but I also was strengthened because once again strangers were so willing to help. The committee members were so caring and encouraging and wanted to help us. It was such a blessing to have people who don’t even know us care so much about helping us. It gives me hope to keep hanging on and believe that God will provide a way to bring our precious son home!

No comments:

Post a Comment