Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So much in so little time!


So much has happened since I last blogged 14 days ago. The greatest news being our papers arrived safely in China and was officially logged in on Christmas day. This is a huge step. I think we have crossed over the half way point and now the time seems so short to get everything done in less than 5 months.  We did have a great time celebrating Christmas with family and celebrating our Savior’s birth. This was one of our simplest Christmases and one of my most cherished moments was when Sarah said “Mommy this was the best Christmas ever.” There is something to say about living simply. We also were rejoicing in our Christmas miracle reaching half way on our adoption fund.

After Christmas we began working on painting and switching rooms. There was so much to do but we did it in a short amount of time and got it done before we began back to homeschooling. Sarah did a beautiful job designing her new room and Pierson and Cargan’s room is almost complete. Oh how I can’t wait for that empty bed to be filled!

It feels good to have the rooms almost ready but there is so much more to do! I have tons of papers to fill out to apply for grants and we are trying to pull together some fundraisers.

There is so much to do so I am humbly asking for anyone who will help in any way!!!

We are trying to plan a 5k and kids fun run with a carnival on April 27th. We are in the beginning stages and will need lots of help along the way and that day. I also spoke with someone about possibly doing an auction and need a few people to help with this event. Sarah and I have gotten a table at a craft sale on January 26th and would love to have people stop by or donate any items. We would greatly appreciate any help. If you have any interest in helping in anyway for any of these events please email me at lang4@hometownu.com. Thank you!!!

PS: There are two other families that are so dear to us. Their blogs are on the left side. Annie’s blog Cornbread and Chopsticks has a special fundraiser they are doing where you can get a great product and the Ryland’s have a special fundraiser that only last this week that is just $1!!
I hope you will take the time to check these opportunities out to help precious children come home to learn about the love and the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Daphne, thank you sweet friend! I so wish we lived closer! I would love to help you with the 5K! In my younger days, I did 5K's all the time and loved it! My back can't take it anymore but sure would love to help:)

    ReplyDelete