Sunday, January 20, 2013

Only a Week

I can not believe it has only been a week since I last wrote. It has felt like a month! It has been a whirl wind of a week. Honestly I was feeling very overwhelmed with all that was happening. Not knowing if we can have any of the fundraisers we hoped to have and what we would do next to raise what we still need. Then our internet in our town was down for several days so I couldn’t check any responses. I think this was the Lords way of helping me to “Be still and know that “He” is God” You see He needed me to be focused on Him for all the other hard things coming my way. And it just felt like they kept coming all week long, from little things like pieces you need to put together a bed missing when you open the box to a family member hanging on for dear life. Each night as a family we share and write down one thing we are thankful for. We try to be thankful for the good and the bad. The Lord has impressed on my heart this year to rest in Him and try to be full of His Joy! I am trying to seek Him in each situation looking for Him when things are hard and filling my heart with Joy because I know He is in complete control of it all. After many many years I finally am understanding there is a difference between happiness and joy. Happiness is circumstantial but joy you can have no matter the circumstances. I am so thankful for the peace living in Christ gives me and so thankful He is there walking with me through it all.  We did receive some exciting news once our internet was back up. Our papers have been translated and we should be getting our very important approval paper (LOA)in 2-3 weeks or less!! This means we are a month ahead of schedule!! And Check out that growing fund on the right side of the blog. Gracious huge gifts have been moving it, even with no fundraiser planned at the moment!! God is amazing! He knows just what you need and when you need it and we are so thankful to all who have been helping bring our son home!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord!!! Oh Daphne, this is awesome! He is just so great!

    ReplyDelete