Monday, January 21, 2013

God’s Sustaining Strength.

Last week was hard, exhausting and just pure overwhelming as I had written in my last post and I truly believe that it was so hard because it was Sanctity of Human Life Sunday.  God called me to share with 2 others this past Sunday and as you know and as I have said many times, words and speaking are not on my top 10 list of things to do. But God can use us if we are willing to let Him. Even with all the attacks this past week, He gave me strength. I loved what Diana shared about not waiting to do what God is calling you to do because there is always a mess in our lives and if we wait until things are as we think they should be before we do what God is calling, then we will never do it. When he calls we need to obey even the things that seem impossible. He will give us strength. It was an incredible and challenging day on Sunday listening to two amazing testimonies. I then gave a challenge to others to take action listening and obeying His call to care for the orphans in  various  ways. Sometimes I don’t like that word orphan because it lumps them all together. Each one has a name, a beautiful face and a story. I continually go to the waiting site http://wonderfulwaitingkids.com praying over these children reading their needs and their dreams and for some it is to be a doctor and I cry, and cry out to the Lord on their behalf that their forever family will listen and obey and find them, love them and share the love of Christ with them. Please join me in praying for them.



1 comment:

  1. Dear sweet Daphne, your heart and mine are so much the same when it comes to these precious ones! I agree, the orphan sticks in my throat too, esp when I see their sweet faces and read of their dreams for the future or lack thereof:( Each and every one of them are embedded in my heart and I pray that more and more families will hear the call for these wonderful kiddos. Thank you for this post:)

    ReplyDelete