Tuesday, June 18, 2013

May 20, 2013

May 20th This is a Day of Love in China. Many people choose to get their marriage license on this day. It will always be a day filled with love for us. A day we received out gift from God. I have posted lots of pictures hoping to capture this moment as they say a picture is worth a thousand words but I am not sure the pictures can capture this amazing miracle. We continually prayed for the perfect match for our family and we know God answered that prayer. After being matched with Cargan we began praying that God would prepare his heart for this life changing event. What an amazing God we have and such a brave sweet boy.



We arrived at 10:30 at the building and took our picture as a family of 4 for the last time.

We were told that Cargan was not there yet. It would be 30 minutes until they would arrive. They had an hour and a half drive from the orphanage to the building where we were. We sat patiently and saw a few children arrive one at a time. It was beautiful. There was a family we met at breakfast that had waited 6 years for their daughter. I cried when I saw her in their arms. I was really trying not to cry. I didn’t want to scare Cargan. I had just gotten myself together when I heard someone say he was coming. It was earlier than expected and we barely had time to grab the camera and video. Cargan walked in the building and saw us. He came over and began showing us the things in his little bag. One was a photo book we had sent. He opened it up and proudly began telling us who was in the pictures including grandparents.

 Someone had spent some time with him explaining this book. I am so thankful for that person as he was so excited to meet us and just began sharing with us and then playing with the gifts we brought him.

He was so excited about the few little toys we had packed.

Sarah gave him some goldfish which he still loves to eat.


Pierson had lots of fun playing with the toys with Cargan.


We took our picture for our adoption papers.

We are now a family of 5!
It was an amazing moment. I think he was as excited as we were.
It was an answer to prayer!

1 comment: