Saturday, June 8, 2013

Home One Week !!!

I can not believe we have been home for one week already! I am amazed by all that has happened. I hope to begin to start to retell about our journey but before I do I just have to give you all an update. When we first met Cargan he walked right into the room and came over to us and began to show us his few precious items he came with and then look through the picture book we had sent him. We know someone had shared with him about us because he knew who the grandparents even were in the pictures. He was excited and did very well. We had two wonderful days and then he began to through tantrums when he didn’t get his way. He had never been told no before and was use to just doing what he wanted. I can not begin to tell you how far he has come in just three weeks. I am amazed at all God has done in our son’s life already. He knows we mean what we say and I think this has brought him such comfort and safety to have someone care enough to give him boundaries. He still is not always happy about it but he is responding better each day. When we were in China Cargan would tell people he could not wait to get to America. I wasn’t sure what he was expecting but he has been so happy to be here.  It has been so exciting to see him do so many things that we think have been his firsts. He had his first ice cream cone.  It was his first time playing baseball and hockey.
Can you see the pure joy in that smile! He loves to play games, read books and color. It has not been all easy but I can tell you God’s hand has been in this transition. Overall he is doing well so far. We take each day one day at a time before the Lord helping him right where he is that day. We pray he will continue to understand the love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment