Tuesday, August 21, 2012

An unexpected gift part 1

I know adoption is a hard long road but I didn’t realize that this adoption would be such a hard journey, especially spiritually. I have been on this road before and it was hard but this adoption is so different, much harder on the soul. You see our first adoption God led us to a miraculous place where it is their ministry to place God’s children in Christian homes and the cost is a small fraction to what we are doing now. We had most of what we needed and God provided the last bit in that adoption. This adoption seems like such a huge mountain and I keep clinging to the fact that nothing is impossible with God even when my faith right now is as small as a mustard seed.  I just keep clinging to God knowing that this was His plan and He will provide. I can’t rely in what I think should happen but humble myself and completely let go and let God work. When will I learn this?? Hopefully one day I will get this a little sooner each time. I even had to let go the desire to adopt. I have spent the last school year mourning that desire and letting it go and trusting that God’s plan was best. After I was done letting go and seeking God’s guidance in how to be advocating for His children He began to miraculously put the pieces quickly together and gave us an unexpected gift: our son in China.

 So here we are walking in faith on this adoption road not knowing how this will happen but trusting it will. It has been a humbling experience because usually I get to enjoy being blessed watching God work by helping others. I love listening to Him and seeing Him work. But this time, He is calling me to be still and Know that He IS God and asking me to let others hear HIS voice. I pray that people will not see us but the precious 6 year old boy God created waiting patiently in China for God to bring him HOME so he can learn about HIM. We can’t do this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment