Thursday, April 4, 2013

Blown Away by God!

It is Thursday night or technically Friday morning and I can not rest until I have shared about today!! I had tried to put into words in my last post the things I was struggling with and then how God clearly showed me that I just needed to “wait upon the Lord.” And He would renew my strength. My week was to be a very full one but then my kids got sick then better than worse again. Honestly my heart aches they are sick but God knew how much I needed to just be home this week and rest and wait upon him. My heart has been full of joy just resting in Him and soaking in his Word filling my empty cup.
     But today God blew me totally away and then a few minutes ago He just did it again. I had asked for prayer for a grant that was being reviewed but I had not heard back from them. When I emailed I was informed that the date for our file to be reviewed is actually April 9th the earlier date was to get any updated info into them.  So today when the mail came and there was a letter from one of the places we applied for a grant I assumed it was the one I had just emailed and wondered honestly if it was another rejection letter, but then Sarah said, “ mom that is not the same place” and she was right. It was from the 4th place we had applied to that had a rolling deadline so I had no idea when we would hear from them. The envelope was thin and I honestly was not expecting anything but when I opened it there was a very generous donation inside! I was so blown away by this and Gods amazing timing with all I have been learning. I then read the letter which read “I’m continually blessed and humbled to be able to witness families such as yours be obedient to answer God’s call to care for the fatherless. We will continue to pray for your family as you continue on with your adoption journey and look forward to hearing of the addition to your family.” This brought me to tears that complete strangers understood our heart and came along side us not only with finances but with a humble heart like ours praying to our amazing Lord on behalf of these precious children. I can not explain how much these words meant. What an amazing God we have.
         I was just getting ready to write this post when a dear sweet friend of mine that I miss tremendously just messaged me to say she was sending a gift our way, another very generous gift and so full of love to bring our precious son home. I still am sitting here just stunned and amazed at all God has done today reminding me of the 2 verses that he just tells me every day. “Be still and know that I am God.” And “They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength.”

No comments:

Post a Comment