Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Power of Prayer Part 6

Hooray!!!! Our Dossier (paperwork) is on its way to China!!! Please pray all these original papers will make it safely there.

Well I thought my Power of Prayer series was concluded not that power of prayer ends but I thought I would be blogging on other topics but as I looked back over the last week there was so much that happened after specifically asking a dear group of woman to pray that I had to share. It had been a hard discouraging week and I asked my Jewels Sisters to pray that the seed of discouragement would not take hold in our home. Not 24 hrs after that request I received an email from a sweet friend offering to organize a 5K fundraiser run/walk. Wow. This offer of help was such a precious gift to us.  We then got our email that our Dossier was sent to China!  We were so excited. This is a huge step in the process we are now half way there. We have about 6 more months until travel. Today as I was reading the Bible verses I John 3:18  “let us not love with words or tongue but with action and in truth” my children found a surprise donation that had been hidden and they brought it to me. I began to cry because here was another reminder that God was with us.  I have been spending time reading scripture about adoption and reading around those passages and it has been amazing how God is teaching me about how we are orphans, spiritually and how He has chosen us to be a part of His family. In John 14:18 He says “I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.”  When Christ died for our sins and rose again and went to Heaven He did not leave us He gave us the Holy Spirit to live with in us. So as we celebrate this Christmas and think of Jesus in that manger, don’t forget about the gift of salvation that was offered to each of us and if we accept that incredible gift we are truly never alone or orphaned. We belong forever to God’s family. As people are praying and I keep reading God’s truths that seed of discouragement has blown away and I will keep reading to keep it afar. Thank you for praying!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it Daphne!!!! I find that the Lord sends me encouragement like this whenever I need it. He did with Lizzie as well. He is so loving and kind. I am so happy for you dear Daphne!!!! Wonderful news to start my day!

    ReplyDelete