Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Broken hearted




Broken hearted! Today was really hard, all I could do was cry. 
Precious Philip  aged out today and will never have the opportunity to be adopted. This picture is hard to look at because Philip didn't want to see us or say good bye to Winston because he longed for a family of his own. I was out in the hall crying. And today the tears flow again.



There is only one more foster brother of Winston's that can be adopted and Winston asked about him today. He wants his foster brother to have a family like he does.We told him we will share his picture and pray for him to get a family. 
 Sarah and I have had very heavy hearts since coming home and it is hard to put into words. Here is what she was able to capture;
"This is something that has been on my (Sarah's)heart for a long time, and I still don’t feel that I have the adequate words to say want I want, but I am going to try because its better than not saying anything. I don’t understand how we as Christians can move through our daily lives without a second thought as to what is happening in our world. We as a culture have become so numb to everything that we don’t see what’s going on around us. The are 153 million orphans in the world. I as type that I cant help but start crying. Just let that number sink in 153. Million. Orphans. How can we just sit here and not do anything? There is something you can do, I promise you. This is not me telling you that your family has to adopt this is me telling you that as Christians we are commanded to help the widows and the orphans. I don’t understand how we can just sit here and do nothing. It breaks my heart. See, we get to make the choice to look at the statistics, pictures, the opportunities and move on. But the children don’t have that choice. They are orphans whether they want to be or not. When you walk into in orphanage it breaks something in you, something that can never be fixed. Something that I never want to be fixed. When God opens your eyes to see more then just the little bubble you live in you never want to go back to the way it was before. But yet you do, because no one gets it. Constantly your thoughts are filled with the ones you left behind, what you can do, when you can go, and no one else understands. You sit in church and look around to see people nodding their heads when the preacher says go and do. But what are we doing? Just coming to church is not actively living out the gospel. Jesus’s ministry here on earth was not spent sitting with people who already knew about him. He spent his time with the least of these. How can we as Christians not stand up and do something when the word of God clearly commands us to do so. God will show you clearly if you’re not supposed to be doing something, so instead of sitting and waiting for him to show you want he wants you to do, start doing something. You might miss what he is trying to show you if you’re just sitting in a pew. Find something that God has given you a passion for and chase after it whole heartedly. God gives us passions for a reason! Please don’t read this and just move on. Read God’s word and let it change you. If you don’t know where to start, look around I bet there is something that you can do if you just start actively looking. You see, I have learned in my own life that I am not waiting for God to show up and do something big, I am expecting him to do so because I know that he is a big God who will do big things. I was not called to a life of sitting on a pew. I was called to a spirit lead life, in which following after Gods heart is my desire. And I’m not saying I am perfect, in fact I’m far from it. But God uses the most unworthy, broken people too do the most amazing thing for his kingdom if they just listen, and go.
Thanks for listening,
The broken hearted, Jesus crazy girl, who is ready to change the world for even just one."



No comments:

Post a Comment