Friday, June 5, 2015

Sacrifice

Sarah wanted to share something on her heart. She wrote this several days ago. 

Here is what my sweet Sarah wrote about her own experience.


Have I missed out by our family adopting??

Yes. I have missed out. Instead of family vacations we were fundraising. Have I ever been to Disney world? No. But you know what? I don’t care. What I have gained is so much more then what I have lost. I have gained a heart after the Father’s. My desire is to serve the orphans and the widows. Instead of saving up for a new bike I was saving up for a plane ticket. It was worth it. Instead of crying over ruining a manicure I was sobbing on the plane at the thought of leaving so many children behind. It is worth it. Spending time with my family is just as important as spending it with friends. Every hug is a battle won. Every minute of spending time together meant that love was building. Adoption has broken me and Christ has made me more like him through it all. Has it been hard? Yes. But oh so worth it!

 I wanted to post this as I continue to see the Lord working in my Children's hearts. They are looking for ways to help the Reed family who we dearly love. The Reeds are trying desperately to get their 2 girls home from China but keep hitting walls. They are only 1 week away from leaving and needed $4,000 yet to be fully funded and then went to purchase tickets and found they are $3,000 higher. They now need $7,000 ASAP.  What did my kids do. They found everything they could to sell to help raise money for our friends.  I love how God is teaching them to sacrifice for others. You can  Donate to help the Reeds Click here.   THANK YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment