Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Orphanage Visit


We knew we would be visiting the orphanage but most times you go later in the week after meeting your child. The city where Cargan lived required us to do paper work there so we had to go to his city the very next day. It was an extremely busy and long day. We traveled over 1 ½ hours to his city with a child that had rarely ridden in a car and easily got car sick.

We went to the first office and completed paperwork. We then went to lunch in a small restaurant where you parked on the sidewalk.


After a quick lunch we went to visit the orphanage.

    

This is the lobby. It was colorful but silent. We did not hear a sound in the entire building. It was “nap time” but later when I talked with other families they said it is quiet because the babies learn early on that no one will come when they cry and they stop crying. It was a strange feeling to be in an orphanage that was silent.


Honestly I was not sure how I would handle this. I have heard so many heart wrenching stories and my heart breaks so easily. We knew Cargan was in a special program and there were only 5 children on his floor. We were able to visit with 2 of his friends and briefly saw the other 2.  This was a difficult and confusing visit for Cargan. He was very nervous and we had our guide assure him he was not staying. I feel God really spared me at the time (He would break my heart later for his lost children) and we really had a nice visit.

We were able to see his bed and meet his nanny (she had only been there 3 months).






We were able to see where he did his homework. He was in a program where the 5 children were able to go to school off site. This was a huge privilege and a blessing that he understands what school is already.  


We were told we could not take pictures of the children but then we were asked to share these two precious girls and see if we could find them families. We did find out that they did not have files prepared to be adopted yet. We were excited to be able to help. 




"HF"

"HM"

 After returning home I began emailing the orphanage about the girls to see when their files would be ready to share with others. God really began working in our hearts and Peter came to me and said he felt the Lord calling us to bring home the older girl “HF”.  I knew God was working a miracle moving our hearts to this again. I was scared as this was such a difficult process especially financially. We had used all we had and so did many friends and family. It looked impossible but it also looked impossible with Cargan and God worked a miracle. The one thing I have learned is that we have a God that does the impossible. Our hearts were so drawn to this precious girl. We asked our agency if they could help get information as I had not heard from the orphanage. Several weeks later we got a very unexpected answer. The girls had relatives and were not available for adoption. We were so confused as they were the ones who asked us to find families for them but at this time that is what we know. Our hearts are broken but what breaks my heart more is that these precious girls will not have the chance to know the love of a family and more importantly they will most likely never hear about the love of the Lord. My heart cries out that somehow someway they will hear about Jesus. Right now all I can do is surrender all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear Daphne! That is heartbreaking! I am just so sorry. I will be praying for these 2 beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete