Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Crying out to the Lord

Have you ever had a day feeling just so overwhelmed and your head is spinning. That was mine today. Trying to figure out 2 big fundraisers and the details that need to be figured out a.s.a.p. , making several calls, homeschooling, laundry, leaking pipes, piles of dishes, NO papers from China, and all the emotions of feeling overwhelmed and alone. I broke today and cried out to the Lord asking Him to help me because He is the only one who can truly help the ache in my soul. Honestly this has been one of the hardest journeys of my life and God is stretching me in so many ways at once that it hurts but oh how sweet it is when I can see His mighty hand move and put things together that only He can do. He doesn’t always answer in the ways I think but His ways are so much better. When I cried out to Him today, I then went upstairs and there in my email was a dear sister in Christ offering and already working on heading up one of the fundraisers. I just sat and cried. The God of the universe knows every detail of our lives and sometimes when it feels like no one is there He reminds us that He is always there. He keeps teaching me to “Be still and know that I am God”  I am learning to give each moment of each day to Him and not live in my expectations but to look where He is in each moment of the day because He is there. The Lord ended my day with a time with 2 sweet sisters in prayer and there is nothing sweeter than praising and praying to the God of the universe. Cry out to Him, He is listening!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Beautiful post, Daphne. Lou and I were just praying 10 minutes ago that you would be surrounded by His presence and know His love for you,and that He is going before you to accomplish His will.What a precious example you are to all of us!
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your prayers and support!!

      Delete