Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Power of Prayer Part 4

What do Compassion and Coffee have in common?

This past Sunday our pastor spoke about Compassion. He described compassion as love in dynamic action on the behalf of another. It is something that you are so passionate about that it keeps you up at night.  I sat and cried (as I do most times in church) but I wanted to jump out of my seat and say “Yes!” Finally, someone understood. I had been up that night before as I am most nights praying and crying out to the Lord on behalf of all those beautiful waiting faces, precious children waiting for a family. I pray and pray for these children and pray for my son as he waits. I pray others will have compassion and take action to change the world one at a time. So what does compassion have to do with coffee? A dear sweet Sister in Christ had compassion and took action and organized a coffee fundraiser. Over 20 people joined us stepping out and selling coffee and over 200 bags were sold. $650 dollars was raised!!!  Thank You Melissa!!!! Thank you friends and family who helped!!! Thank you Twin valley Coffee!! This has pushed us over our $10,000 mark on our way to the $30,000 we need in the next 5 months. We are blown away that others would care to help but that is compassion- love in dynamic action on the behalf of another ( a family in need – a precious little 6 year old boy longing to get home.) Please continue to pray for us so much needs to happen in such a short time but prayer is powerful!

PS Hold onto your seats for part 5 it blew me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment